- What is iLocalis? iLocalis is an iPhone app and web service to track your iPhone and share your location with others. You can even send messages to your iLocalis friends for free or track where they are.
- How can I install/register it? To install iLocalis on your iPhone you will need to Jailbreak it first. If you don't know what that means please check this tutorial.
- Is iLocalis always running in the background? iLocalis has two components. iLocalis, the application itself, and iLocalis Daemon, the "heart" of iLocalis. iLocalis Daemon is always running on your iPhone even if it is in sleep mode or you reboot it.
- What is Make Remote Call? With Make Remote Call you can make your iPhone call somewhere without actually touching it. For example, you can use this feature if your iPhone has been lost and you want to hear if it's in the nearby to try to identify where it is.
- What is Send Remote SMS? With Send Remote SMS you can remotely send an SMS from your iPhone as if you really typed it directly from your iPhone. If your iPhone has been stolen and your SIM has been changed you can send a remote SMS and recover the new phone number!!
- What is Activate call forwarding? If you forgot your iPhone at home and you are now at work (ouch!) you can forward your iPhone's calls to another number from iLocalis.com. Never miss a call!
- How can I reset my password if I forget it? You can click on “Did you forget your username or password?” on the front page and enter your email address to reset the password. After you receive the mail, follow the attached instructions!
- What is the Checking Rate? Your iPhone will have to connect to iLocalis.com in order to know what to do: send SMS, make a phone call, receive a message, etc. So the checking rate will be how many minutes your iPhone will wait before checking into the iLocalis.com server. The longer the time the longer the battery life, although this action does not use very much battery power.
- What is the Location Rate? When you enable Location Services your iPhone will inform the iLocalis.com server of where it is so you can track it. The Location Rate will be how many minutes your iPhone will wait between location updates. As in the Checking Rate, the longer the time the longer the battery life but it would be more accurate if you set a time of 15 minutes or so.
Once your iPhone has been Jailbroken you need to go to Cydia, install iLocalis and register your iPhone. Please check this video in order to know how to do that.
iLocalis however, is an app to control and see the info received from iLocalis Daemon. In fact, once you register your iPhone you can uninstall iLocalis and leave only iLocalis Daemon and manage your iPhone from iLocalis.com over the Internet.
If you are using location services too I recommend that the Checking Rate and Location Rate be the same. This way they will be synced to connect at the same time and improve your battery life over having them set to different times.
I recommend that the Checking Rate and Location Rate be the same. This way they will be synced to connect at the same time and improve your battery life over having them set to different times.